Frequently asked questions
What payment methods can I use to give online?
- White Oak currently accepts online donations by direct debit (Electronic Funds Transfer) and debit cards only.
What are the major advantages of electronic giving?
- Electronic giving is all about convenience for you and consistency for White Oak. It eliminates frequent check writing and helps members stay on track with giving even when they are unable to attend services. The mission at White Oak benefits from consistent donations and a reduction in the volume of check/cash contributions that must be handled and manually processed each week.
How do I sign up for electronic giving?
- Click the "Give" button above.
- A secure login enables you to make one-time donations, set up a recurring giving schedule, view personal donation history and print confirmations. If you would like to make donations without going online, please contact Jamie Huber at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper authorization form you can complete and return to the office.
Is electronic giving safe?
- It is certainly less risky than writing checks or carrying cash. To process electronic donations, we use a service called Pushpay—a highly regarded company that securely processes contributions for more than 15,000 churches and nonprofit organizations.
What can I use to prove I made a contribution?
- If you make donations from the online giving page and entered your email address, you will be emailed a receipt. You can also access your giving history 24/7 by logging into your profile from the online giving page. If you submitted a paper authorization form, your bank statement will show an itemized list of electronic transactions that can be used as proof of your contributions.
How does a donation move from my bank account to the church’s bank account, and when?
- For donations from a checking or savings account, money is electronically transferred from your bank account to the church’s bank account on the same day using the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network. For donations made by credit and debit card, money is electronically deposited into the church’s bank account without delay within 2-4 business days.